Howdy,
My buddy Greg wrote my first post for me, so this is actually me now. I really don't have any idea who's even going to read this, but I'll fill you in on my life at Union so far.
I got here a week ago today. I'm usually not a big fan of change. My first couple of days in a new place usually scare me to death. Well, maybe not so much scare me, but I get pretty lonely and down. I was prepared to face that here just like I do every time I go someplace new, but for the first time, I haven't had that here at Union. Everyone is really friendly and while it does help that I know quite a few people here, its mostly just the good environment that does it. But last night I had a "moment" that convinced me that Union is THE PLACE to be. At Andrews, I couldn't even get the campus safety people to smile at me when they passed by. But last night when Ellen, Mel, and I got back to the dorm parking lot at like 1:30, these campus safety guys were there with their golf cart before we even got out of the car, offering us a ride to the dorm. They were super nice and brought us right from our car to the door of the dorm. How cool is that? Moral of the story: If you're not at Union, it's way cooler than anywhere else, so you'd better come here.
Another cool thing about Union is that I've already been to Convocation, Vespers, Sabbath Experience (Sabbath School), Church, and V2 (Vespers on Sat. night), all of which are not required but some you can get worship credit for. The cool part about that is that I didn't go for credit. I just went because they're good programs that I enjoyed and that people actually attend because they want to be there. Maybe its just an Andrews thing, but I am not used to that being the case. Sitting in Vespers on Friday night I was like, "oh yeah, this is why I came all the way to Nebraska to go to school!" Jesus is definately on this campus.
As for classes, they're okay. I mean, I didn't come to school for classes anyway. The teachers are pretty awesome, but class is just school... I already have homework after the first day of class, and that seems like straight up rubbish, but its only because I'm lazy after having taken a year off. Who knows, maybe I'll spice life up again by switching my major. I didn't know that they have graphic design here.... You never know.
All right, well, I'm going to go work on some of that aforementioned homework now. I feel like I'm typing to no one anyway. So if you read this, comment back, okay, because it'd be cool to know I'm talking to someone other than myself. Have a swell day! :)
Adios!
Sunday, August 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment