Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My New Friend

Thanks to a miracle, I now own a shiny new black MacBook laptop.

In short, it's freakin' awesome.

It has already made life much easier and happier. I can even get a very weak free wireless connection in my apartment; if I'm not feeling patient (because it's weakness means it's slow), I can hook up to our DSL internet or go to the Mill or on-campus for free wireless. Today I got all my homework for tomorrow done while I was still "up the hill" at school, something I never could have done before. Instead, I would have had to come home, do it on my own computer, transfer it to my jumpdrive, and then go back up the hill to find a computer with internet to upload it onto the class website. Time consuming and a hassle.

Plus, my computer has a remote for music, pictures, and movies. And yes, I've already watched the sixth episode of "Heroes" on it. And talked with someone in Korea on my webcam. And downloaded samples of all the Nooma videos, as well as the latest episodes of all my favorite podcasts. And spent the last bit of my birthday iTunes gift card on some songs from my new favorite band The Frames.

6 comments:

mrscamacho said...

What is the miracle story????!!!

Nikki said...

ah! tha'ts so awesome! tell me your story! i'm on homeleave so i have all the time in the world. ...Or i'll make time.:)) Just for you. I have a fun little remote with mine too. I haven't used it yet. This weekend i'm getting a case for my puter and hopefully soon i'll have microsft office. That's a necessity i still don't have. :( apples are good friends. Angela has one too now. :)

Kristina said...

And took ridiculous pictures with your roommates!

Hurray

Unknown said...

How did you make that happen?!?
I'm so excited for you, I know you've wanted on forever.
It sounds like it's making your life SO much easier.

Emily said...

and so know you should blog more...

Jeremy said...

Yay!!! Another person to join those out on the lovely fray called Macdom. Enjoy your black MacBook. Oh and since Myspace wasn't liking me- I like your hair.