My First Skeins
This is my first "real" skein of yarn. By "real" I mean I think it actually turned out well. It is something that I'm proud of. I have three or so other skeins from earlier spinning attempts, but they are rough, bulky, puffy, and a bit funny-looking. But this skein--this is a nice, soft, balanced two-ply made of a blend of merino wool and silk. Yes, folks, I spun with silk in my first week as a spinner! It's a pretty rosy-pink-red that has yet to be named. I wish my webcam (or my regular camera, for that matter) was even a little bit good at capturing color; these pictures aren't so accurate.
One of them is a two-ply of bright lime green and dark brown; it is destined to belong to my sister in some knitted form, as it is a colorway appropriately named "Elphaba," after the wicked witch of the west in the musical Wicked, which she loves. What should I make her?Tired of reading about spinning yet?
P.S. This is a double-post--I copied and pasted the same thing over to my wordpress blog. There will be a few crafty sorts of things I want to share over here and not just put on my knitting blog, and this is one of them. Sorry for the repeat!



No comments:
Post a Comment