Saturday, June 10, 2006

Check it out!

The race was totally awesome. There really aren't words. It was a great, fun, exciting time. Probably the biggest impact that it had on me was that A) I really am hooked on this cycling thing, B) I want to learn how to wrench and work for Mavic, the neutral support team, someday, and C) I've never seen so many men with shaved legs in my life. Way crazy. Although we didn't actually do much business during the race itself, we got a lot of publicity out of it. Lots of people saw our booths, and our t-shirts, and our name was on the radio constantly because of our sponsorship of the race through WEEU radio. Great stuff.

But the best part happened yesterday! WFMZ TV called us up and asked if they could come out and do a story on our shop! So they spent about two hours filming there and interviewed Sandy and Andrei, the owners, and I. I got to be on TV! And they have a clip of it on their website: Check it out! I haven't been able to make the actual clip work yet, but it may be my internet. I wouldn't try it if you don't have a good connection. But the script of the story is on that page. They have me leaning over this awesome pink Trek Pilot bike that I'll never be able to afford. But at least I got to be on TV with a totally hot bike. :) Fun times.

Today's my last day at home for a while, so I'm afraid internet access may be sparse for the next several weeks. I hope to be home for a couple of days next weekend, but whether that will mean blogging or not, I don't know. I'll try to keep up on my e-mail checking, but aside from that, I make no promises. I hope you all have a wonderful summer. You should go ride a bike since I won't get to for the next six weeks!

2 comments:

Fewsta2005 said...

Well aren't we famous...I have gotten on the news my self a few times. For the Fire Department and such. Hope you have a good summer as well. Going to take my bike on some knarly mountian trails up this direction...hope I don't die. Take it easy

Katie said...

Wear a helmet, Josh. It may not look cool, but neither does a rock sticking out of your skull, which coincidentally doesn't feel cool either. I've heard of two many people who've gotten messed up without a helmet during my little stint at the bike shop.