Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Day Off Woes

I'm much less poor these days. I have a decent job where I make decent tips. I have over $2100 saved up for a car (!!!). Payday is this Friday, and aside from easily paying the small amount I have on my credit card, I have no bills to use my paycheck for.

But I had today off and couldn't bring myself not to do something financially productive. So I gave plasma. It's sooo much harder to give plasma when you're not utterly broke. When it doesn't make the difference between having groceries or not. But I forced myself to do it, and now I feel awful, as usual. I ate an Odwalla bar and a cookie and am slugging through a cup of coffee, to no avail. So far I have not puked or passed out, for which I am grateful.

My plans for my day off include:

  • Dishes
  • Tidying the house
  • Laundry
  • Farmer's Market with Laura
  • Writing a letter and some grad thank-you notes
  • Laying in Collegeview Park, if it gets warmer out
  • Hopefully hanging out with people (?)
  • A nap to sleep off the plasma hangover
I don't love days off as much as I should. I really like to be at Bread & Cup, and I feel kind of lonely without going there. I almost went for lunch, and then decided I should give it a break!

2 comments:

Ashley Barber said...

A farmer's market on Wednesdays? Where?!

Since I can't go on Sundays any more I'm more than a little sad to miss out on the joy.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous, none of our farmer's markets start until next week.

Regarding the plasma/blood donation. Not sure what your weight is on the scale but if your just past the minimum to give, that is going to effect you much more than say if you were 20-30 lbs beyond the minimum requirement. If you decide to do it again I would try and eat iron heavy foods such as spinach and if you can stomach it, a med-rare steak might help.