Saturday, April 25, 2009

Noisy Birds

I am thankful this morning for the birds who sing loudly outside my window at 4:57 a.m.

I am glad that when I wake up in the dark wee hours of the morning after a scary, thrashing nightmare, they are making a ruckus that feels like day.

I am thankful that hearing them chatter in the dark makes the imaginary rapist lurking outside my window less real, and helps me to go back to sleep.

Thank you, chattering, noisy, irritating, wonderful birds.

(P.S. I didn't only dream scary things--I also dreamt that I came to visit you at your farm, Kim and Andrew! You had a bar/burger joint/outdoor movie theater literally operating on your front lawn. Their food was terrible, but you didn't have to walk far to see a movie!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate those realistic nightmares that wake you up with a jerk and pounding out of your chest heart.
I must say the other dream is quite humorous :)

Andrew said...

Oooo Ooooo I hope the first part of the second dream comes true. :D That would be you being here visiting us.