B-I-N-G-O
Last night Israel and I went to visit our friends Rylan and Danni. They have two kids, Ben (8) and May (6), and the neighborhood kids all hang out on their porch too. When Israel picked up a guitar inside and started tinkering with it, he soon drew a crowd. They kept asking him to play the Beatles or Tom Waits! We had to appease them with Father Abraham and Old McDonald, since neither of us had quite so good a childhood that we would win any classic rock trivia challenges. (In fact, before dinner, Ben and May beat us soundly at both trivia and "name that song." The six-year-old can tell you which Beatle is singing on any given song.) We also did "You are My Sunshine" but the kids' favorite seemed to be "You're a Grand Old Flag." They didn't know "Father Abraham"; I wasn't aware that kids existed that didn't know "Father Abraham"! (Think I grew up going to church or something?)
Check out the front-porch singalong:



4 comments:
You guys just made my day completely with this video! COMPLETELY.
You guys just made my day completely with this video! COMPLETELY.
I can`t watch the video until I return to Korea, but it looks adorable. Aren`t May and Ben fabulous! I love those kids and their ability to draw friends from everywhere. I think Rylan and Danni are all right too. I`ll be sure to share this with Mat.
I would like to someday be like this.
Post a Comment