Thursday, September 15, 2005

Howdy,

I'm not having a very good night. And at the same time, I'm feeling kinda-sorta deep. So, in order to make my mood better (I still have one more paper to write, so no sleeping this one off), here is the top ten or fifty list of things I love, in no particular order:

--Driving fast, or riding fast, or just pretty much going fast
--Summertime
--A long early morning horseback ride, at sunrise, preferably.
--Zoos
--That my dog loves me (who else is ecstatic to see you when you come back from walking to the end of the driveway to get the mail?)
--A monarch butterfly floating against a cloudless blue sky (I saw it yesterday, it was a God moment)
--Holding hands. With anyone. Whether my dad, a special someone, or even with Sophie :) Touch is important, moreso than we realize I think.
--Shaven legs and new contacts. Nothing could feel nicer. I've been told that girls' shaving is unnatural. Lots of things we do aren't natural. Who cares? It just feels so good!
--Clean sheets and lots of blankets with the A/C on when you know you can sleep in
--Green skittles
--Sunshine
--French hip-hop and Irish punk music
--My favorite jeans
--Burying my face in a horse's mane and just breathing in their smell
--Red Robin Veggie Burgers
--The smell of springtime
--A good country song
--Cutting my running time on my normal route down by a minute.
--Good old friends who you don't have to say a word to, or can say anything to.
--Alias
--Poker nights
--Tea. Preferably black or green, but any kind will do, hot or iced. Tea is amazing.
--Big dogs. Actually any dogs, but big ones are best.
--A book that makes you come alive inside, that inspires your imagination and intrigues you and leaves you thinking about it for weeks to come.

There are probably more, but I haven't started my last paper yet, and it's already 11:30. I'm ready for bed now, so I'd better get started before I crash.

Good night y'all. And by y'all I mean myself I guess. :)

1 comment:

Emily said...

hey sis,


hey guess what? i just got back from UNION LEADERSHIP! it was so much fun. guess who the speaker was? umm.. how bout JOSE ROJAS. it was amazing. anyways. i haven't been commenting cuz i forgot my password and really i only made a blog so i could leave comments for you. i hope you're having an awesome time. g2g STUDY! cuz some of us have to. :) ttyl