Eloquence
May I offer to you an incredible worship experience? I've found one.
It is in the form of the David Crowder*Band's new album, "A Collision." In an entirely subjective manner, I must tell you that it is quite possibly their best album yet. I love it. While listening to it is definately a "Crowder Experience"--in other words, it's unconventional, nonsensical, and doesn't necessarily flow--it contains some of the most beautiful words ever written. This album has more heart than any I've ever heard.
I love listening to it, but when I opened the case and let the lyrics wash over me, I was quite overwhelmed. This is the kind of poetry that comes from the soul, and speaks to mine.
Love so incredible to know it's never gonna go, never gonna go. Love too impossible and true for anyone but You, for anyone but You. I think I'm on the brink of something large. Maybe like the breaking of a dawn. Or maybe like a match being lit, or the sinking of a ship, letting go gives a better grip. I'm finding everything I'll ever need by giving up, gaining everything. Falling for You for eternity, right here at Your feet, where I want to be. I am Yours.
And when you add music to this stuff... well, it's pretty excellent.
And He set me on fire, and I am burning alive. With His breath in my lungs I am coming undone. And I cannot hold it in and remain composed. Love's taken over me and so I propose the letting myself go. I am letting myself go. You are my joy. You are my joy. You are my joy. You are my joy. I need to catch my breath. I need to. I need to catch my breath, give me a moment now. I'm laughing so hard...
Now that's some imagery. What did this guy major in in college? One of my favorite songs right now, a non-DCB song, is by Todd Agnew. It's called "This Fragile Breath" and it says, "I searched the world for a song that I could sing, praise to my King, a gift that I could bring. But no music I found could compare to you, not one could do, justice to your glory. What are my songs, compared to yours?" And that's totally true. He speaks "with thunder and lightning." His voice "shakes the mountains, the foundations of the earth." What are my words, compared to His?
But if there's anything that comes close to allowing me the words to pour my heart out before my Father, it's the ones on "A Collision."
I am full of earth. You are heaven's worth. I am stained with dirt, prone to depravity. You are everything that is bright and clean, the antonym of me. You are divinity. But a certain sign of grace is this: From the broken earth flowers come up pushing through the dirt. You are holy, holy, holy.
And what was said to the rose to make it unfold was said to me here in my chest, so be quiet now and rest. The ocean is growing. The tide is coming. Here it is...He is our King. He is our love. He is our God who's come to bring us back to Him. He is the One. He is Jesus. Majesty. Finally. Here... 
Thanks, David Crowder and the guys, for allowing us to share in your worship, for giving us a way to come before God with our praise. Now, faithful reader (and by reader I mean it won't surprise me if there's only one of you), please, either go buy the album, or hit up iTunes. My favorite tracks are "Here Is Our King," "Foreverandever Etc...," "You Are My Joy," and "Wholly Yours." Who knew that such words could come from such a crazy-looking guy? :)



No comments:
Post a Comment