Sweet Misery
I ran a 10K race today!
6.2 miles behind me, and it's not even noon.
I never thought I'd do it, but today I ran the Union CABL 10K race. There were about 15 runners, primarily runners' club members. Greg and Mel ran with me the whole way (are they great friends or what!? They both could have left me in the dust, and by "in the dust" I mean they could have finished in half the time I did, but instead, they ran with me. I love them). I had a goal of 70 minutes or less, although I really would have loved to do it in 60. I ran it in 64:05 and I'm pretty happy with that. It wasn't too bad. Next time I'll start out slower so I don't feel like I'm going to puke for the first three miles. Other than that, it went well.



5 comments:
I can't even run 2 miles much less 6! AFter the first mile i feel like i'm going to puke! More power to you!! that's amazing! can't wait to see your pix
Good job Katie, I'm proud of you.
who's proud of me?
Katie, congratulations! I hope there's many more 10ks to come. :)
You did good Katie! We should start training for the half-marathon this spring/summer, whenever it is.
Post a Comment