Friday, November 11, 2005

Science Experiment #307

Procure a solitary average grape. Said grape may theoretically be of any size or color; test subjects were of the green variety, averagely sized.

Using a sharp utensil (preferably a knife), carefully incise the grape down the middle, being careful not to slice through the skin on the underside of the grape. Allow the two sides of the grape to separate, with the unperforated skin holding the halves together.

Place grape in the microwave. Set time for 30 seconds, and press Start.

Please report your findings on this blog. You, kind reader, most assuredly do indeed one hundred percent need to experience this phenomenon for yourself. It is quite the experience and not one to be missed--I promise, just do it!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

well, since i can't comment on the entry before I will do so here! I agree with you! I can not find Emily and when you do let me know! Tell her to call me as well. I have searched high and low for her and asked everyone but you about her. It never even crossed my mind to ask you! I will definitely try that when I find some grapes. I'll go over to Emmie's house and still one of hers and we can experiement together! Emmie G. says hi btw! ANYWAY, Miss yancer must be found! love ya!
nikki

Katie said...

Hey Nik,
Def. try the grape thing, it's cool. But don't do it with your parents around. ;)

Tell Emmie G. I say hi too. I miss you girls.

I got a phone message from Em Yancer and evidently she was out of town. I still haven't gotten to talk to her though.

Have a great day! Muah!

Nikki said...

thanks much hun! yea, tell her to call me when she can.. or at least send me an email. I sent her a million emails. I knew she was supposed to be in MA but other than that i knew squat.
love ya!

Nikki said...

quick question how do u cut through a grape without cutting the outer layer?!?!

Nikki said...

I did it.. sadly...the grapes! well.. it bubbles a lot in the microwave and then it came out with no skin on it.. thats about it!

Katie said...

hmm, sorry Nik, it didn't work right then. Look at the picture--you cut through the grape but you just don't go all the way through. Try slitting it half way through and then letting it kinda fall open and microwave it. Trust me, if it works, you'll know about it. Bubbling won't be what happens. Watch it while you microwave it.