It's Too Soon to Tell...
...but I think things may be looking up.
Now, granted, there hasn't been any dancing around my room yet. And it's getting to the time of year where I physically ache to be outside.
But last night I did my dishes. I put my earbuds in and turned up my iPod and did dishes. For the first time since December. It was a pretty big deal.
Then, today, I did not one but two loads of laundry. I even washed all my sheets and towels--even the sheets on my extra bed.
I simply can't wait for spring. Maybe my memory's just faulty, but each year it feels like I long for it more intensely. I can't wait to be outside--I can't wait to use my body again. I really, really want to go running, or biking, or for a walk, or anything, really.
And Phil says we're in for an early spring. The days are getting longer every day. It's a bit early to say for sure, but I'm beginning to hope, at least a little, that things are looking up.



3 comments:
I totally hear ya! I can't wait to get out doing things again!
dude, i'm soo ready for spring to come. this morning while walking to the ad building i was like, "god, can you make it warmer? I'm ready for spring. You brought me snow for my bday and now i'm set for spring. Please?! I love you, later" So i'm praying for flowers and greenness and warmth and going on walks and being able to run without hoping i won't slip and fall and end up in the hospital. I'm ready, i'm anticipating it! Peter even brought Phil to say hello to me this morning in choir.
maybe if ben would answer his phone and drive on over here we could dance around ben's living room. i am totally ready for spring. tuesday was a welcome change until that wind picked up in the evening. today it was all i could do to walk to the post office. then i had to sit in the mill and warm up with a soy hazelnut latte before i could get the courage to walk home.
i wrote this in my apartment. now i'm in ben's house. you're here. it's good.
word verification: eradk. reminds me of ben.
Post a Comment