Those Barbers
Tonight while walking to the dorm with my hands full, my friend Ben Barber met me on the sidewalk and asked if I needed him to help me carry anything. Apparently chivalry is not dead. We chatted enjoyably and went our separate ways.
I also had a message from his sister Angela on my phone tonight that made me absolutely grin at her exuberence. I'd given her a gift certificate for cookies, and apparently they are magic cookies, as she was very excited about them.
One time, their brother Jeremy gave me flowers unexpectedly.
Ben's wife Ashley brings me joy every single time I see her. She and the Bens were the first new people I met at Union, and they are still some of my favorites. She's cute, and constantly happy, and cuts her own hair. She always makes me feel sunny inside.
Those Barbers sure know how to love a person.



5 comments:
I much agree. That Ben Barber visited me at work this morning and listened to my woeful stories, Ashley hugs me every time I see her, Jer helps me with physics, and Angela worries about what will happen next in Greys' with me.
I'll second that. Angela taught me how to hug. Amy saved my life when I fell out of a tree. Ben taught me how to play guitar. Jeremy always makes me laugh, and Ashley always makes me feel appreciated. Go Barbers!
oh katie, thank you. you make my heart happy. i'm so glad to know you. and yes, i'm pretty proud to be a barber as well. i like my siblings and siblings-in-laws.
You're so sweet, Katie. Thank you for your kind words.
Much love!
Hey, I thought there was a new blog comming. I've been waiting eagerly!
Post a Comment