Party-less
The one and only sad thing about being so darn happy is that all I want to do is have some fun!
In spite of today being restful, slow, and relaxing, I'm not quite content. Not in a bad way. Just in an itchy, can't-decide-whether-to-nap-or-go-running, all-senses-on-alert sort of way.
I remind myself of my pet rat, Hughie. Whenever he catches a glimpse of me moving about, he runs to the bars of his cage and wraps his little front paws around the bars, sticking his nose through and wiggling at me as if to say, "Hey! You there! Let's play! Is it time to play!?"
Totally how I feel. My friends are working and doing homework and at the banquet and busy in other ways, and I'm resisting sticking my nose into their lives and distracting them, saying "Hey! You wanna play a game? Wanna watch a movie? Wanna go do... anything!?"



2 comments:
First of all don't resist...never resist - most of us are just waiting for a good excuse (or any excuse) to do something fun, especially with you.
And second of all, I'm not speaking to you. Not because I don't want to but because you never pick up the phone when I call or call me back. Which is what you said you would do if I called. What's up with that?
I haven't forgotten you, don't worry! I will write. Sorry, got behind, then made pea soup and gave the dog a bath tonight. But an email is coming!
Post a Comment