I Know it's Spring Because...
- Yesterday I went running. Outside. And I only had to hop over snow twice. I do not run in winter, period.
- The black and white ducks are back on the lake. They show up every spring. Perhaps they are here in winter too, but I only see them in the spring, because that is when I once again venture outdoors.
- The cute little third-grade-girls' soccer league is playing in the field behind my house again in the afternoons. The skinny Asian girl with the long ponytail is quite good. The blond goalie needs some work.
- I saw a robin yesterday.
- It's 65 degrees today, suckahs!
- I didn't use my lightbox this morning! No adverse affects so far.
- The crocuses are coming up around the trees between Ortner and the Dick Building.
- The highs in the ten-day forecast never dip below 40 degrees.
As I was walking past the girls playing soccer today, on my way to the lake for my first run of the spring, the thought crashed into me like a physical force: Oh my gosh--I made it through the winter.



4 comments:
HOORAY! i am SO proud of you!
This makes me want to cry...with happiness for you and sadness for me. Spring flowers of any kind are still so far away. It won't be safe to plant most flowers until after the last heavy frost...in May.
But I too am very proud of you for running! Way to go!
Heck ya! Come on spring! It was 65 today there? Wow! Perhaps it will be beautiful weather with no more gloom when I get back! OH! Gregory is coming to Lincoln! We'll both be there on the 26th! :)
WOO HOO!!! that's so awesome!!!!
Post a Comment