My Negative House
What do you think about feng shui, or negative auras?
I think my house is filled with negative energy. I haven't felt comfortable there in months. I literally can't spend any productive time there. Doing homework at home is absolutely impossible; the more time goes by the more difficult it is for me to do any cleaning or laundry or cooking there. I thought it was because of my seasonal depression, but it's been sunny and warmer lately, and I thought things were looking up.
A few weeks ago I woke up one morning and realized that Hughie hadn't kept me awake with his scratching and chewing all night. I went to check on him. He'd died overnight.
About half of my plants have died over the past two months. My two favorite ivies first went limp and then dried out completely (yes, I've been watering them). It's weird, because they didn't even turn brown or lose their leaves. They almost look normal; just a little shriveled. But they're deader than dead. This week a lemonbalm plant that I'd grown from a cutting and planted a few weeks ago, which had been thriving and growing, died in one day. It was standing up straight and tall when I left in the morning, and was completely fallen over limp against the side of its pot when I got home at night.
Today I was at the Mill for a few hours in the morning. I felt pretty good, and decided to go home and clean house and do homework and be productive. I was home only a matter of minutes when I started wigging out. It was like being depressed... but a little different somehow. I had this premonition that I won't live to see my 30th birthday. How freaky is that!? I thought I'd take a nap to try to shake the feeling. I couldn't sleep (for that matter, I haven't been sleeping well lately, and have been napping a lot to make up for it, which adds to the strangeness, as I'm not much of a nap person).
Once I got up I was still feeling freaked. Crazy. Like I'm really a nutjob or something. I said to myself, "Walk to the gas station and get a pop. Make no decisions about the state of your mental health until after that." By the time I made it down the steps, I was feeling decent again. Strange, no? I'm back at the Mill now. I couldn't deal with the crazy at home.
Unfortunately, I live there, which means I have to go back eventually. And after a bit of research online, I feel unqualified to do a fancy aura-cleansing of my house. Incense, salt, altars, rice... clockwise this, counter-clockwise that, open the windows, cupboards, doors... I don't know anything about feng shui, and I didn't run across any "Feng Shui for Dummies" tutorials.
Is this nuts? Do you think there's such thing as negative energy? Do you think I've brought it there somehow, or it's leftover from someone who lived there before me? How do you suppose I can get rid of it?



7 comments:
Oh, totally. And it's pretty serious stuff. Don't go at it with rice and altars, but fully armed with the Spirit of God and with an ally who gets this sort of thing. That is the only effective way to cast out spirits, demons, residual "gunk" and other crap people leave in their houses when they move out.
If you want help, let me know; we've done this several times before. Mic is also well qualified if you need it sooner.
i totally agree with laura... this is sounding like some crazy satan stuff. that worries me...
carbon monoxide? radon?
we have a carbon monoxide detector. i don't know how you test for radon. we had trouble with gas leaking from our [burned out] pilot lights for a while, but they came and fixed that. it was about that time that hughie died, so i think there could be some credence to the bad-air-quality theory, anonymous.
Laura: Yes. If I run into Mic, I will talk to him as well.
How old is your building? Lead paint? Asbestos? As well as carbon monoxide, radon (that's usually in basements tho), there might be others. Initially I'm leaning towards environmental hazards. First nice day throw all your windows open to air out and see if that helps any temporarily.
But then I read Laura's post and started thinking about some weird experiences I've had. I wouldn't dismiss the evil spirits idea. It may not be "left behind" but might be that they know you are getting better with spring coming and want to keep you down. When you are into your writing you write some of the best devotionals/meditations/thought provokers, and that's not exactly what they/Satan/evil (whatever you want to call it) wants.
Gosh. I haven't been able to study in my house in years! Maybe I need to rearrange, or fix the fung shway...or however you spell it, of my house... but I think it's just that I'm distracted and feel burdened at home. I need to move.
I was having the same kinds of issues with my dorm room. Add in my claustrophobia issues and then it's pretty easy to see me freaking out. I actually just rearranged, opened my blinds to let some sunshine in, and then put on some jack's mannequin (which for some reason always reminds me of summer). That seemed to take care of it for now...I don't know if things are that simple for you. I hope things get better though :)
Post a Comment