Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bad Technology Karma

UPDATE: I reactivated my old phone, so you can call/text me again now!

I believe that I have really terrible technological karma. Car, computer, and now phone--dead, dead, dead.

I think that my machines perish from a lack of naming.

When my car died, twice, they were able to resurrect him. I named him "Riley" and we've been just dandy ever since.

My computer drowned, and they revived him just yesterday, at which point I named him "Louis" in honor of the Louis Martini wine he so bravely survived.

Today I washed my phone in the washing machine. He is currently drying out in a bucket of rice. I'm crossing my fingers, but my faith is weak. He was underwater for a good 25 minutes. I rescued him on the spin cycle. Although the washer was set to delicate, I don't have high hopes. I've added "Verizon store" to my to-do list today...

I swear, if he revives, I will christen my phone with a very good name. I am accepting suggestions. It needs to be a very lucky name. I do not have the money for all of this nonsense.

2 comments:

Dan said...

If it's a he, then call him Sven
If it's a she, then call her Luciana

Anonymous said...

Hey - just to give you some hope I sent my phone through an entire wash cycle and it survived without any problems. This probably comes at a time when you already know the outcome of your phone but better late than never! Hope you are well friend!