Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Happy Moment of the Day

The bane of my existence of late has been the fact that I'm going to be about 30 before I graduate from college. You see, I'd attempted to plan out my entire class schedule for the rest of my college experience. Worst of all, I tried to do this on my own.

I soon fell to the depths of despair.

From everything I could tell, I was looking at a full six semesters more of school. Everywhere I looked I found another retarded generals class that I had left to take! (They're making me take College Writing II. How retarded is that? NOW they decide that my AP English Comp class and my Honors Comp from Andrews don't count for it). That'd be a 2009 graduation date. Now, I love Union, but that is a LONG TIME to be in school (I graduated high school in 2003). I would be 25 years old. I didn't even want to think about how in debt my parents and I would be by the end of all that.

But thanks to my wonderful boss Ben, who sat with me for several hours pouring over my schedule, figuring out all the little ins and outs of the UC bulletin, looking up dozens of classes and their official times and names, my despair has been ended. Thanks to his supreme wisdom, kindness, and patience, he's saving me a whole year of college.

He did all this in exchange for the mere reward of peanut M&Ms, mini Oreos, and Propel water, by the way.

That's right ladies and gents. By cramming in 18 credits one semester and two summer courses, I will be a proud college graduate in May of 2008.

That is wonderful beyond my wildest dreams.

8 comments:

Emily said...

thank goodness! at this rate, i was gonna graduate before you!!! that being said, i'm really happy for you. and mom and dad's wallet. :)

Fewsta2005 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fewsta2005 said...

I will be out of here May 2008 as well, but I still have to take a paramedic course elsewhere. But I am still going to be gone from the blasted flatland!

Nikki said...

lol you'll be graduating only a year earlier than me!(h/s that is) good luck!! dont overstress yourself!

Anonymous said...

Thats great Katie. I am happy for you. Glad things are working out for you. Have a good night, see you in the morning.

Scattering said...

I wish Ben were my boss. And would plan out the rest of my life for me. And tell me what to major in.

Katie said...

Working for Ben is really about the coolest thing in my life right now. Whether that speaks more of his awesomeness, or of my lack of life, I'm not sure. He's good at planning lives. Except maybe for his own, he's taking that one a little rough at the moment. But I think he'd be more than happy to help with yours, Angela.

Gina said...

that's great! and if you manage to graduate in '08 i might get a year in at union with you...provided that i decide to transfer there. I'll have to see for myself how amazing union college really is. Way to go Ben on getting you out a whole year early!!