Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Naked Ladies

Spring is here. Without question, beyond a shadow of a doubt, spring has most definately arrived.

Do you know how I know?


The naked ladies have returned.


It was 75 degrees today. Beautiful, sunny, gloriously spring weather ruled the day today. It was one of those days that you simply hate to be inside. Being in class is even worse.

But not only was the day full of sun, it was full of scantily clad young women. Booty shorts abounded. Halter tops met the light of day after a long winter of being drawer-bound. Spaghetti straps were alive and well.
C'mon, ladies, it's not that warm out. Shorts are fine. But if they make me wonder whether or not you're wearing clothes or just a bit of blue paint, we might need a little reconsideration of our wardrobe. I've nothing against the tank top either, but seriously, I saw a few examples of pretty indecent exposure today.

The season's just beginning, friends. Let's save a little for the imagination (not mine, but you know what I mean) and cover up a little bit. Maybe it's just me, since I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl myself.


What's the verdict, readers?

7 comments:

Emily said...

gasp! this at union???? hmm.....

Nikki said...

I DO agree! I am a tshirt jean girl myself.. I'm not too big on shorts but mostly because my mom has instilled in my head(that not only am i NOT allowed to wear them) but i feel VERY self conscious when I DO-ladies, do u want all the guys to see everything????

Fewsta2005 said...

Well I can tell you one thing...you won't find me in any less then a t-shirt and shorts that go to my knees...no spagetti strap for me!! no way...

Katie said...

FFF--Can't tell you how thankful I am for THAT! ;)

And yeah, Em, welcome to the real world. I don't think there is an untouched corner left where you don't encounter obnoxiously-clad young women. Other than perhaps some isolated pockets of Lancaster Co. (PA, as we live in Lancaster Co. here in NE too).

Kim said...

My biggest problem is when there really is NOTHING left to the imagination....
Erika & I were shopping a couple weeks ago in Niagara Falls and as we were walking away from the cashier Erika gagged: "I just saw everything, I mean EVERYTHING" . Evidentally her shirt was a little too low and a little too loose and not much under coverage either.
My personal favorite, the flabby tummy & crop top/belly shirt combo, You know what I'm talking about, when you have a gut that hangs over your pants you shouldn't be wearing a short shirt.
Cover up we don't want to see that!
Ok this is Katie's blog, but I agree with the pet peeve, as does my sister :)

lady be good said...

you puritan americans! come to europe and you will see scantily clad!

Nikki said...

miss em C.

I have heard a few great things about you tonight and now I am more than anxious to meet you!! my dear friend Kelsey N. tells me you're great! And so are YOU the mysterious one thats horse director this year?!?! (kelsey told me..) But of course u can't forget that you ARE the most beautiful Katie's sis!