Thursday, August 17, 2006

Glory

I was sitting at my desk, eating my breakfast, only minutes away from my first class of the year. I hadn't yet put in my contacts this morning, and everything beyond an arms-length was just a bit blurry.

It's grey outside this morning. It thunder-stormed ferociously most of the way through the night, so the cloudy sky didn't surprise me today. As I ate my bowl of bulgur wheat (yum!), I looked out the window next to me.

Even my glasses-free eyes could see beautiful sunshine gleaming off of the wet world outside. It shone off the wet leaves on the tree outside my window, and the parked cars' hoods and windshields. It was beautiful.

What would have been a blurry landscape of dull color and indistinguishable shapes became a glittering scene of sunlight. And it reminded me that our vision doesn't have to be perfect to see God's glory. Our brokenness doesn't have to be all-consuming; the light of His grace and goodness shines through anyway.

Because like the sun, Jesus is stronger than our maladies and our sin.

Praise the Lord, huh?

5 comments:

Carissa said...

a beautiful thought.

Anonymous said...

WHEE! Thats how I feel when I look at your glowing FACE! Just kidding. But seriously. Hehe No, this is a good entry. I like it quite alot. I feel this way most mornings except I have a hard time finding beauty in the gayness of my vision and the lack thereof. But, you've once again opened a new perspective in my mind. Thanks.

Kim said...

I heard a really cool song the other morning on the radio called Broken and Beautiful. After much searching I've found it's by Mark Schultz. But due that the album is not released until next month, I couldn't find it online. So in a month or so search for it, it's really good. Or maybe it is what I needed to hear the other morning as I was driving to work, since I rarely listen to that station and it's only there cause Andrew programmed it and I accidentally hit the button and then for some odd reason decided to stay and listen....:)

Gina said...

God is good...it never fails. Your faith always amazes me Katie...

Katie said...

thanks for the comments, guys.

my computer and it's love-hate relationship with blogger has apparently decided to stick with the "hate" thing. I couldn't see your comments until I posted something new this morning. I've no idea why.

I'd been thinking, "Hmm, I thought it was a cool story, but with no comments, maybe not!"

Thanks!