Sick-Nasty. In a Good Way.
Let me share with you an e-mail that greeted me on awakening this morning:
thanks a ton for your very kind words. i'm actually as we "speak"
finishing up the editing on the book hogan and i have been writing and
have had to take some very difficult decisions today. your words happen
to be incredibly timely and appreciated.
thank you
david
I know a couple of Davids. They are nice people. I'd be happy to recieve an e-mail from any of them. But in case you missed the reference to Hogan, let me inform you that this e-mail is not just from any David.
It's from David Crowder!!!!!!!!!!
DAVID FRICKIN' CROWDER!!!!!!!
AS IN THE DAVID CROWDER*BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DAVID FRICKIN' CROWDER!!!!!!!
AS IN THE DAVID CROWDER*BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I'd like to leave it at that, 'cause most everyone reading this blog knows that the moment I'd read it, I raced up the stairs and jumped on my sister (who was still asleep) yelling, "I got an e-mail from DAVID CROWDER!!!!". But there's a cool story behind it.
I sent him an e-mail yesterday that I'd written months ago, right after finishing up his book Praise Habit. The book was amazing, and one that I still pick up for inspiration often. His music has totally revolutionized my worship, and brings me to God over and over again. Crowder music is the language of my worship. It's the manner in which my heart best connects with my Creator. That's no little thing. I know the sacrifices the band must make to do what they do. It can't always be fun being away from home, living in a tour bus, away from your family. So I wrote an e-mail and thanked him. I edited it forever because I'm ridiculously long-winded (ya think?!) and wanted it to be as concise as possible (it was still horribly long). And then I chickened out. Honestly, this man is all but idolized by thousands of fans. People stalk his blog and comment on it mere seconds after he posts. He must get masses of e-mails from people adoring him. He's not the one we should be adoring--God is. So I didn't send it. I saved it in my drafts folder and went on my merry way.
Until yesterday, when I came across it again. I re-read it, and recognized that I had spent a good long time on that sucker. It was as near to eloquence as I ever get. And I figured, what the heck. It's e-mail. It's free. If he never reads it, at least it's cluttering his inbox, not my drafts box, right? So I added a little line about getting his new CD this summer and loving it, and sent it off.
12 hours later, he e-mailed me back. Sick. God is so good. How the heck did He get me to write an e-mail back in like, April, that He knew David would need yesterday?????? Sick! Amazing!
Even if it was a form letter to all the nice e-mails he got yesterday, my day is still made. I'm going to pretend it was just to me. :)



7 comments:
hey, told u! Be faithful to Him Katie and the gifts He's given u! just loving Jesus, wendy
That's insane!! You are one lucky girl!
Katie, thats so awesome. Reading that made me wish I was in the room with you to see your excitement like when we were back at Union. You are going to have to keep me posted on that news when we get back to school--It's part of my whole Union experience. So you can't hold back on me now. Hopefully we can catch up soon.
Well I can say if my band Avolation 7 ever gets big and we have thousands of fans we will personally email, at least the sincere ones...rock on, thats very cool!
Extremely cool! You must have a gift for timely e-mails (or comments on blogs!) 'cause I know you timed at least one other one perfectly ;).
You're insane!! lol I just read all your entries. :)) I feel kinda bad for your poor sis.. Hey, i just sent some mail to her today too. :)) Anyway yea.. i forget what i was going to say.. But i love you!! OH YEA, Katie, you are too great, you have people who come to you looking for advice and inspiration and sometimes a hug. ;) anyway, emily is signaling me to finish her nails.. she was like you can multi task and was like making fun of me cause i was intensely and RECKLESSLY reading your blog. :))
love you babes!
ditto the other comments
Post a Comment