Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Million-Dollar Question

The next time someone asks me, "So are you dating a nice boy yet?" I'd like to answer, "No, actually, he's a real asshole."

Why do so many people, especially virtual strangers, feel the need or the liberty to ask such things?

6 comments:

mrscamacho said...

Or you could say, "No, I'm not really into boys."

Meaning, of course, you're looking for a man. But it's more fun to leave them wondering!

Jeremy said...

I agree with laura. Boys are stupid, throw rocks... Men are worse throw boulders.

Anonymous said...

I tell people that I have a horrible personality and no one can stand me. For some reason having a significant other is the end all - the seal of approval that says you are O.K. Maybe they want us to be happy... or maybe they want us to be miserable with them.

Peter said...

I think an essential part of humankind is the need to "know and be known," a portion of my "Get Naked" philosophy (which is still in the works).

And as for the "nice boy" part, well you know Kates, opposites attract, so what are these people saying about you? ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you...I think its just because they want to be all up in your business and make sure you are on the right path for your life according to their guidelines....btw, its been a very long time since i last posted something..

Gina said...

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE ASK THAT!!!!!

seriously, it's one of my worst pet peeves! plus i go to an all-girls school....so where exactly am i supposed to get this nice boy?

ughhhhhh


haha sorry but it really does get on my nerves that bad :)