Star-Struck
I work so, so hard not to be starstruck.
Really. Since pre-teenager-dom, I've tried for all I was worth not to be terribly in awe of famous people. Well, actually I really don't care for famous people, but musicians, famous or otherwise, very much tempt me toward fandom.
I gave Hogan (from the David Crowder*Band) socks once. And whenever David Crowder e-mails me, I get a little giggly. Same with when Marko from Youth Specialties e-mails. I'm sure you noticed I was surpressing my giddiness when Eric Peters sang "Katie" for me, and remembered my name.
Since Sunday night, Eric and I have e-mailed and MySpaced several times a day, and it's got me a little starry-eyed. It's not like we're friends or anything. We're working out a concert date for him to come to Union. We've had like, one non-business conversation. (And it was about the David Crowder*Band, interestingly enough.)
But I still have to work at not being a little excited about it.
[If you're a Lincolnite, mark your calendars--Sara Groves comes January 18, Caedmon's Call is here February 8, Andrew Peterson's coming February 10, Eric Peters is March 7, and there's the potential of an Eric Peters-Randal Goodgame concert on March 9.]



2 comments:
So jealous. I miss college. No words...
I second that Angelajoy. All these good musical talents once I am gone. Arg.
Post a Comment