Good Things Today
January is wringing my neck. There is nothing good about this god-forsaken month. The happy chemicals in my brain have flown south for the winter and I'm left wanting to sleep until spring, which I try my hand at by spending approximately half of every 24 hours in bed.
At this moment I have just enough strength to find my favorite things about today and write them down; maybe tomorrow, or later tonight, when I feel like it is impossible to keep breathing, I will be able to look back on them and be okay.
1. I got to work with Kerry, Melissa, and Dustin at work today, and they are some of my very favorite people.
2. Marko from Youth Specialties, who I haven't had contact with in quite some time, e-mailed me just to check and see how I am. What kindness: a virtual stranger, and an incredibly busy one at that, checking on me.
3. The manager said to Melissa and I, on his way out the door, "Bye, pretty girls."
4. I talked with my friend Tyler online and he never fails to make me grin.



No comments:
Post a Comment