Sunday, December 11, 2005

Ten Things I'm Thankful For At Christmas Time:

1. Friends. They've seen you at your worst and love you better than anyone else does.
2. 45 degree weather in December. It's practically warm out!
3. A roommate who sleeps through anything. Including my watching movies, talking on the phone, popping popcorn, listening to music, and accidentally slamming the door.
4. Union College. If you've gotta go to school, this is the most fun you can have while doing it.
5. Being alive. Have you thought about how nice it is to breathe lately? To run through green grass? To see your breath on a cold morning? To feel the hug of someone you love?
6. My Nalgene SplashGuard. It has revolutionalized my water-drinking experience.
7. Good-smelling things. Flowers, cucumber melon lotion, Clinique Happy perfume,
grass that's just been cut, guys wearing Old Spice High Endurance, Christmas cookies baking, pina coladas, horses and leather and saddle soap... (Greg, I'm so sorry that you can't smell. It's so wonderful).
8. The Chronicles of Narnia on CD. It's such a gift to be able to leave my little world and jump into such a monomythic (definition here) adventure while at the same time accomplishing the mundane things like cleaning my room or brushing my teeth.
9. Cuddling--sitting on laps, holding hands, and snuggling with people in an entirely non-romantic way. At this point in my life anyway. ;)
10. The color pink. I've been told it does a lot for me, and I happen to love it. It's so cheerful. A friend in high school nicknamed me "Pink" because of my complexion, and I hated it. I'm glad I've grown out of that.

What are you thankful for this Christmas?

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights..."
James 1:17

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm thankful for friends like you who brighten my day and make me smile just at the thought of you. I'm thankful for konwing everything's alright when you have God. I'm thankful for becoming friends with miss. Emily. AND HUGS! how i love them! and i'm thankful for a place to be alone or at least away from my parents! Add that to your set of thanks and I'm set!

Anonymous said...

I dont sleep through everything...I'm thankful for having a cool roommate like you, being able to go home for break, great friends, and the many blessing God continues to send my way.... Have a great break.