Mouth-Numbing
I feel like a stroke victim.
In the past, I've had my few small cavities filled without any numbing agent (needle-phobia's a booger). But the drilling for the last one got a little rough at the end, so I opted for the novocain this morning.
Evidently I'm a little sensitive to it. Before the dentist even got the syringe out of my mouth, the whole right side of my mouth was going numb. That numbness thing is pretty cool. If someone had told me how much fun it was, I probably wouldn't have gritted my teeth (so to speak) through the drilling for so long. That little shot (nothing, really) made the whole experience a lot more pleasant.
Normally, I've got all the words to the old country song "The Auction (Be My Baby Tonight)" down pat. But in the car on the way home, instead of "couldja wouldja ain't you gonna if I asked you would you wanna be my baby tonight," it came out "wloodgy cooda injna grwuba iffy skrugnga la la la." I gave up in the end. The funniest thing is attempting any sort of liquid consumption. I'm worse than a little kid for the mess-making.
The only downside to all of this is that I'm home alone. I have no one to make scary Halloween faces at with my droopy face. No one to laugh with at my slurred speech. No one to make fun of my lop-sided smile with me.
I finally found some fun in going to the dentist, but what is laughter with no one to share it with?



4 comments:
hehehe I can picture you and water all down the front of your shirt because you can't feel anything!
seriously, that's what happened. it wasn't cute. :D
hope you are doing better. See you soon.
Many, many laughs came with this one!
You are hysterical! I was dying with the song re-play! I would have loved to see you through it all. Yes, I would have been laughing at you, but hey, you wanted company right? :)
Can't ...stop....giggling....
(I do feel bad for the pain before the meds. Much sympathy.)
Post a Comment