Ready
I've been away from Lincoln, Nebraska, for 438 hours and ten minutes. Probably 20 by the time I'm done writing this. I'm freaking ready to go back.
I'm not sure what's caused the change, but being home is definately not as exciting as it used to be. I'm thoroughly enjoying sleeping in late and showering bare-foot. I love not having to pay for groceries or climb to the fourth floor to get to my room.
But I miss Lincoln-land. I miss my tribe. I miss a gas stove and a teapot that whistles when it's done. I miss feeling all cozy and family-like with blankets and a movie and Leslie there to laugh with me. Or at me, even. I miss my bed. I miss Kristina saying "You're a noodle." I miss listening to Sandra in Em's car on the way to a Panera lunch date. Even the comfortable routine of the office would be welcome right now--sailing into the TLC 30 seconds or so late, clocking in, sitting in the extra chair in Ben's office, and finding out what's to do today.
I think I'd even be okay with going back to classes. I'm not looking forward to the stressfulness of it all, but otherwise, I'm sort of excited about school again. I have good teachers this semester--Mike, Michelle, Mr. Blake times two, LeAnn Davis, Pastor Shane from CVC... these seem to create a good mix of easy, cheerful, challenging, and fun. Taking 18 credits seems less daunting with these teachers.
In short, I'm bored. I've found that I don't like watching television alone. I haven't much felt like reading (although I've started three books and finished one). I'm freaking tired of the cat meowing to be let up and down the basement stairs!!! (I've gotten up to serve her majesty three times just writing this post.) My room gets emptier each time I'm home and doesn't feel like mine anymore. Cooking and cleaning are less enticing when no one notices you did anything.
I'm not sure whether, with all this free time, I'd be bored in Lincoln too. But there at least I'd have people to do things with. On October break, when I was there all by myself, I got pretty lonely, although at least I had a car, but I wasn't really bored, I don't think. I need a project. I think I'm going to go thoroughly vacuum and mop the kitchen now. Those are my least favorite things to do. Bored, I'm tellin' ya.
So, so, so ready to go back to Lincoln.



1 comment:
I'm ready for you to come back too. i'm just not the same without you. i even have snow. come, girl..play in my snow... eat in my abundence of restaurants (Maggie's, panera, thai house, chipotle) and hand out with your friends. i wait with bated breath and open arms for your return.
the squirrels also say hello.
Post a Comment