Monday, January 08, 2007

Stressful Bliss/Blissful Stress

Bliss
Pilot: Ladies and Gentlemen, we're now approximately 80 miles from Omaha and have begun our final descent. And, if this is the case for you, Welcome Home.
Also, my dear friends painted the kitchen at their house. Three walls are Roasted Red Pepper, and one will be Peanut Butter. They have a teapot there, which means that I spend a lot of time in that now-beautiful kitchen.

Stress
Apparently I owe several thousand dollars on my school bill, and can't register for classes, buy books, or eat in the cafe until it's paid. Didn't know any of that until about 9:30 this morning... 24 hours before my first class starts. I guess I finally found one bad thing about Union: Unfortunately, they don't accept kind words or pretty smiles as substitute for cold hard cash. Too bad those are the only things I've got for 'em (although I bake a mean oatmeal chocolate-chip cookie).

I think the happiness is still better than the anxiety. But I definately wasn't ready to be thrown into this sort of headache. Probably by Wednesday it'll all be okay again, and I'll be enjoying wise teachers, laughing at funny friends, accomplishing things at work and school, and sipping yummy tea in a roasted red pepper food room.

1 comment:

Josh said...

How bout it for our wonderful financial aid advisor!