Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Big News

Laura has a guess as to what my big news might be:

Let me guess. You are moving out of the dorm for the summer and for next year. And Kristina will be your roommate. And there will be hijinks aplenty.

And you need plates.
Actually, I think I may have found plates. A matching set a four--plates, bowls, and mugs--ceramic, not plastic--and for free. Yes, Jesus knows me indeed.

But YES, there will be "hijinks aplenty" because...

Laura's absolutely right. If all goes as hoped, I'll move into Kristina's apartment this summer. Then, in August, when her roommate Heather gets married, I'll move into Heather's room, Kristina will move back into her old room, and we'll all the hunkey-dorey.

The only bad things I can come up with about this situation is that the apartment doesn't have a shower (bath only, and we're not allowed to install a showerhead), and there's no internet (unless I get a wireless card and piggyback off of neighbor Jeremy's wireless, which is a possibility, depending on how much wireless cards cost--I've no idea--and if Jeremy is okay with this). But I've survived such things before, and I'm certain I can do it again.

Being out of the dorm and not eating in the cafe will be totally worth it.

Kristina's news is more important though. But you'll have to check her blog for that.

So there's the news! The comments worked--aren't you guys proud of yourselves?

2 comments:

mrscamacho said...

Wow! Haha! I actually had NO idea that was actually it! I just put two and two together with your comment about plates. :)

Do you have to live in the crummy apartments with no showers or interweb? I mean, factor in the ENORMOUS cost of heating the silly things in winter, and it might actually be cheaper to live elsewhere.

Unless you can't. Because of the student thingie.

Some apartments in town offer free heat. I think the ones across the street from campus do.

It's a thought.

Here! Let me plan out the rest of your life, too!

Greg said...

sweet:)