Perfection
Perfect:
- Praise. This morning at church, I felt the most Jesus-saturated that I have in a long time. I think there is a difference between moments of having Jesus inhabit my mind (knowing He is with me, and loves me, and hears me) and having Jesus inhabit my heart (feeling His presence in me and with me and around me, and experiencing His love and peace so enormously that I can hardly contain myself from just bursting with adoration and praise). This morning I experienced the heart-knowledge of Jesus very intimately. We praised Him with fantastic music, and with really good teachings, and with the most beautiful communion I've ever experienced. It was so awe-inspiring that a couple of times He actually prompted me to take off my shoes to further my worship of Him. And I learned that He likes to eat with me. We might plan a coffee date soon, He and I.
- Company. I spent the weekend with Kristina and Gracie (the great dane) and Oscar (the boxer). They are some of the most wonderful company you can imagine. You have never known a more beautiful heart (Kristina), a gentler soul (Gracie), or a needier dog (Oscar). The latter two are incredibly well-behaved. (Kristina, on the other hand, walks on the wild side. After all, well-behaved women seldom make history.)
- Food. Lunch today was a fresh spinach, strawberry, and avacado salad with balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing (created by Kristina); fresh garlic-roasted asparagus (Laura's recipe, but made by moi); and fruity nut rice, consisting of wild rice, brown rice, almonds, and cranberries, all cooked together to form my own personal opinion of culinary perfection (leftover from when Laura cooked for us last week). Whoa. A better meal I couldn't even imagine.
- Weather. It's in the low 60s with a cloudless blue sky and glorious sunshine. It's practically windless, the trees are budding, the grass is the greenest you can imagine, and the flowers are finally back. There are trees blooming full of white flowers outside my wide-open windows, and the forsynthia bushes are bright yellow and beautiful. (Have you ever noticed how perfect it is that forsynthia bushes bloom so early in spring? They really aren't that beautiful of a plant, but they're so happy that they're perfect for early spring. Our eyes are just so ready to see their bright yellow blobiness. If they were to bloom later on, among the delicate lilacs and lily of the valley, or the gently waving daisies and sunflowers, or the exquisite rose bushes, we'd say to them, "Go away, forsynthia, you are just too garish!")
- Life. There is "shade daisy" flavored sun tea steeping in a mason jar on my window sill. My homework load is lighter today than it's been in weeks. I have a fantastic "party mix" of square peg artists playing on iTunes. I had coffee this morning. There is most likely a rousing game of Dutch Blitz with Kristina, Ben, and Angela in store for the evening. Monday night is Bible Study at the Mill Night.



2 comments:
oh katie, what a beautiful day. will you be going to church on easter? i'd like to go with you if you are.
sorry that dutch blitz game never happened. hopefully we'll play again soon.
What's this??? I know I talk to you, and listen to you everday, but I miss hearing what you have to write. :0)
Post a Comment