Firsts
Today I...
- Got my first sunburn of the summer, on my back, while biking to work. I even have cute little circles of white from the plastic rings that attach the straps to my tank top. (Hey, at least when I get skin cancer, it'll be on my back, so I won't have to look at the scar!)
- Opened my first bottle of wine for customers at the table--without even breaking the cork!
- Made more in tips than I do hourly for the first time. Almost $10 an hour in tips alone!
- Bought the first of my summer reading books: The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze by William Saroyan, The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and The Prophet by Kahil Gibran. All came from used bookstores, and each was recommended by more than one friend.
- Got asked if I had an extra cigarette on me, for the first time in my life, and by someone who knows me!



2 comments:
Poisonwood Bible is such a good book. You will love it.....you will hate it....it will change you.
!
You love it already right? (the Prophet)
You'll have to tell me all your highlights from it and stuff.
Post a Comment