Pigtails.
My hair is in this weird, mullet-esque phase of growing out in which it doesn't behave well except in makeshift pigtails. So it was at work today--in two stubby little pigtails.
Two cute guys about my age were having a cheese plate and Argentinian red wine on the patio when I came out to clear a table. They asked me if they needed to bring their empty plate and glasses inside as they got up to leave. "Oh, no," I said. "I'll get them for you."
"Thanks, sweetheart!" the more attractive one said. I just smiled at him and said "Sure!"
But I wondered: Do you suppose he meant "Thanks, sweetheart!" like "Thanks, adorable-12-year-old-with-a-summer-job-washing-dishes!"? Or was it more like "I've had two glasses of wine and you're moderately cute, so thanks, sweetheart!"



2 comments:
Two guys, sharing a cheese plate and wine, on the patio... it probably doesn't matter
I know, right! But they seriously screamed "straight." Can't even tell you why. Especially the one who called me sweetheart. I don't know...??
Post a Comment