Goin' Places
What if I seriously diminished the amount of things I own, put the rest in storage, bought a backpack, and travelled through Europe and/or Australia from October to February or so? I could live in hostels, wwoof, work under-the-counter at a café in Sydney, meet people, fall in love about eight times, read, write, see things, be young and free and alive.
My friend Mat thinks this is a good idea (actually, it is his idea, and he has done it). The seed is taking root, quietly and slowly.
What do you think?



5 comments:
i think i told you EXACTLY the same thing a week ago and you were none too keen on the idea. why am i pinned as so cynical?
because you told me to go to the pacific northwest. and because you tend to frown upon the "sell all my shit and become a nomad" ideas.
i have some great recommendations for places to see and stay in Italy, Greece, England, and Scotland!
You could stay with my brother and his gf in Exeter. :)
I think it's a great idea. Do it NOW before you have too many obligations in life. I miss traveling. :(
Great idea, be safe, have fun. See you when you get back!
I think it's a fabulous idea and wish Ben and I had worked out our similar but different plan four years ago.
I'd miss you and be green with happy envy.
Post a Comment