Saturday, July 12, 2008

What's Up

  • Yesterday I worked over 11 hours. Got home about 2 a.m. Fortunately, a co-worker took pity on me and gave me a ride!
  • I'm moving tomorrow. It's somewhat sudden. I'm only moving six or so blocks (six blocks further away from work, unfortunately) but it's stressing me out pretty badly. I have way too much stuff. Packing it all sucks. There are good things about it, such as living in a real house, still having fairly cheap rent, eventually having wireless internet at home (I think?), still having a nice roommate (though not the same roommate as before), having central a/c, and not being homeless when Union kicks me out in a month. And it buys me some time to figure out what the heck I'm doing with myself come fall.
  • I bought a digital camera and it came in the mail yesterday! I've taken breaks from packing today to play with it. But I don't feel like uploading pictures right now, so you'll have to wait until after I move to see the cool new thing I found at a thrift store the other day.
  • Tonight I am going to see Feist and The Good Life (a singer and a band) in Omaha. It is free, for which I am thankful. I think I need to dip into my tip fund, though, to help pay for gas and perhaps food while we are there. Also, Tuesday night I am seeing HEALTH and on Friday my friend Eric and I leave for Chicago to go to Pitchfork Music Festival. This is a week of music. I need it, and perhaps even deserve it.

No comments: