Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Grated Fingers, or "I Hurt Myself Again!""


Today I grated my fingers in the cheese grater at work. This makes me feel a little bit like an idiot (for grating my fingers in the first place) and a little bit like a starlet in a cheap horror film (for actually having to tell my co-worker, "Hey, you should throw that cheese away, I think a chunk of my finger might be in there.")

I am not trying to be an Asian teenager or a peace-junkie in this photo. I'm just showing you my poor numb (does that mean I hit a nerve?), bandaged, still-bleeding-10-hours-later fingers. :( Apparently I'm a sucker for sympathy today.

3 comments:

phil said...

I hate graters. A carrot and I had a bad experience during my childhood. Now I grate with considerably less gusto.

j.tome said...

ouch! i just read about a woman who cut her finger at work. her band-aid ended up in a customer's salad.

Ashley Barber said...

Yikes! You get my sympathy.

Good job with the being a good kitchen staffer. Throwing out what might have body pieces in it is always good.

If it's STILL bleeding that sounds bad. Take care of yourself.

Miss you!