Off She Goes Again!
This is Angela.
She is my good friend. Last night I told her that if I were into girls, I'd be in love with her. I lived with her for nearly a year, until just a few weeks ago. We were excellent roommates. She was the universe's gift to me at this time of my life. I tell her that I would not be who I am right now if it had not been for her smile, her hugs, her influence, her listening to me, her support of me. It's the truth. If I had not lived with Angela, I would also be a great deal poorer, because she is generous with her co-op discount and with free Mill coffees and with write-off produce from work--and with most everything, for that matter. I do not have the ability to express how much she has been to me. She took care of me. I will miss free coffees, but I will miss (and already do miss) Angela much, much more.
Because Angela is moving to Mexico! She and her dancing partner, Mat, are going on an adventure there, starting in just a couple of weeks. Ang got a job teaching sixth grade at an international school, and they're going down to hang out in the mountains of Mexico for a while. This is Mat and Angela:
They are some of my very favorite people, and while I miss them, I wish them all the best things I know how. Ang and Mat, I will be sending you goodness all the time while you are away. I hope that I meet up with you again soon--maybe in Mexico, or back in the States somewhere (or in Australia someday!? Stranger things have happened!). I would live with you again in a heartbeat! I am writing this for you now, to help you through the hectic weeks of packing and transition. You will do well. You will have a wonderful time and beautiful lives together in Mexico. I believe so many good things about you, and I think that matters.
Happy trails, good friends. See you soon!



1 comment:
Oh, I love you! I am at work at the end of my second break of the day because I am working 11 hours straight. This little note has helped me immensely in feeling energized and full of overall goodness.
Also, I am glad you've let people know of my plans. I have yet to update my blog. ^^;;;
Post a Comment