I Wish I Were An Artist
I wish I were an artist.
Or a musician.
Or something.
Sometimes I have the opportunity to experience God in a way that's just without and beyond words, because it's on the inside and there's no real reason for it other than we got to spend a lot of time together and I'm just feeling peaceful and with Him and it's great.
Like tonight.
And it's times like these that I wish I could paint brilliantly, or write a song to Him, or let out all of this... joy? No, more like contentment, perhaps. I'm too tired for all out joy ("joy" is exuberance, to me). Anyway. It wants out, and is without an outlet.
So while there are those who sculpt masterpieces, or pen sonnets, or create symphonies, I shall be content to worship in my own little way.
Where others sing, I can make noise.
Where others dance, I'll keep clapping off-beat.
Where others praise Him with instruments, I'll play my iPod.
And it'll be okay that way.



1 comment:
being an artist has nothing to do with a talent for producing something which has already been produced- like most musicians, painters, and writers do. it is creating something that has never been created before, and seeing the world in a way like none before you. this is a challenge.
Post a Comment