Sunday, May 13, 2007

Con-GRAD-ulations

Today my dear friend Kristina graduated. I'd love to tell you all about her collegiate accomplishments, for they are many. But mostly, when I think about Kristina, I just think about what a wonderful friend (indeed, a wonderful woman) she is, and how blessed I am to have her in my life.

A few of my favorite things about Kristina, in no particular order:

  • She likes words like I do.
  • She appreciates brown and pink together.
  • She introduced me to her brother and sister-in-law, Leslie and Laura, and their baby, Sophia, who have become some of my favorite people.
  • We go to church together at Grace Chapel.
  • She reminds me that Jesus is about freedom and love and community... and mostly she just reminds me of Jesus.
  • She's hookin' me up with an apartment!
  • We have Bible studies on Monday nights at the Mill, and there is usually chocolate and coffee involved.
  • She's fiesty. And tough. And strong.
  • She's also beautiful. And caring. And gracious.
  • She trusts me to use her car pretty much whenever I need it.
  • She introduced me to FoodNet.
  • We can enjoy coffee together.
  • We cook and bake together.
  • She tolerates me when I talk about politics.
  • Her love for growing things has rubbed off on me (I have four and a half plants now!).
  • She thinks I'm funny--and she's funny, too.
  • We get each other.
Con-GRAD-ulations, Kristina! I hope your day was wonderful. Love you!

[Thanks for letting me steal your photos, Laura! And when I say "steal" I really mean it, since I didn't even ask. :)]

6 comments:

Katie said...

To those of you who use a feed reader (um, and thus probably don't read comments... oh well):

When I re-publish a post about a dozen times, like I did this one, because I make little changes to it and then re-post, does it show up multiple times in your reader? And if so, do you see all my silly little errors? That might make me up my hyper-editing game a bit before publishing...

Peter said...

Hey Katie.
It depends on when a person logs on. If they log in right after you post the first draft, then that's what they get, as well as the edited one when it comes out. As an example, once Nikki posted something, then deleted it a few hours later, but I still have it because i logged on before she deleted it. it works the same way with edits. is this making any sense? i hope so.

(ps. woo! to kristina, rockin' the graduluationness!)

(another: hey, by the way, i just got about 15 of your old blogs, round late spring to early fall '06 sent to my Google Reader. any idea why? it was pretty cool to reread 'em anyway....)

Angela said...

Those posts got re-posted because Katie added labels to them. That's my guess, anyway. (This is Ben, posting as Angela, because I'm in the works of updating Angela's blog template.)

Katie said...

Yup, you guessed it, smarty Ben. Well, almost. I actually was re-labeling them. I decided I didn't like a few of my categories, so I did away with them, and re-labeled those posts more correctly. And my friend Laura mentioned the same as you, Peter--that she got a whole bunch of them in her reader. That's what prompted the question about whether my crazy edits bring it up multiple times in y'all's reader.

Kristina said...

Hmmm...somehow I had hoped that the comments might have a little more to do with the fact that I just finished five (FIVE!) years of college...but never mind that...no guilt trip intended of course. :0)

Katie said...

yeah, i pondered that as well, Kristina. That, and that the last post was (for me anyway) an incredibly deep post about God, and got no comments at all! At least Peter, who doesn't even know you, gave you a shout-out. :)