Sunday, May 27, 2007

Manna

One of my favorite foods is bulgur wheat. I eat it nearly every day for breakfast. My preferred variety is Hodgeson's Mill Bulgur Wheat with Soy. This is something of a treat for me; usually I can better afford to buy plain old bulgur in bulk at Open Harvest. The bulgur with soy kind is nearly $3 a box.

Today, manna rained down from heaven at Sunmart. Sunmart isn't cheap, and doesn't often have everything I need--and it doesn't carry my Bulgur Wheat with Soy. Or so I thought, until I rummaged through the bargain cart and stumbled upon six boxes of Hodgeson's Mill Bulgur Wheat with Soy.

The scrawley permanent marker marring the box fronts announced that they were to be had for a mere fifty cents per box.

I bought all six. Manna, I tell you.

(That's six for the price of one!)

6 comments:

Emily said...

have you noticed how much you've been talking about FOOD lately?

Katie said...

Spoken by a girl who clearly has never had to wonder how she'd stretch her food supply to include three square meals a day until Food Net, which is still days away, been too poor to buy groceries, or eaten oatmeal for 8 meals in a row because there's nothing else.

Emily said...

whoa. don't get defensive. i was just commenting on the recent influx of food related posts.

geez.

Kristina said...

Is no one else concerned that she spelled "better" with three t's?

Come on people, prioritize! :0) j/k.

I love hearing Jesus stories. :0)

Kim said...

I had bulger wheat for breakfast yesterday and thought of you :)

Katie said...

and that, kristina, is why i love you. :)