Thursday, May 24, 2007

It is Good

I've made it through four days of work. Granted, only one of those has been a full eight-hour workday. Details.

And I'm totally moved into my apartment, thanks to the generous efforts of my wonderful Lincoln family. The Bens moved the last of my belongings from my fourth-floor dorm room to my apartment, and then got my computer all set up for me once it got there. Ashley carried my recycling down to be delivered to the recycling center, and then she and Emily helped me to clean my room to sparkling, top to bottom. Ryan carried my carpet--with one arm--down to the carpet room and installed the air conditioner in my apartment. And I didn't even have to beg them. I barely asked--Ben (Yancer) and Ryan came without my even asking them. Friends are wonderful.

Tonight, after picking up Ben and Em's mom from the airport, the four of us went to Maggie's and Ivana Cone, which is my favorite combination of food in the world. Maggie's is a local vegetarian wrap restaurant. Maggie is a genius. Tonight I had a roasted veggie melt with a whole wheat tortilla and baked tofu. The four of us shared a cup of coconut basil broccoli soup. Then, at Ivana Cone, which I barely had room for, I had a scoop of blueberry cheesecake ice cream and a scoop of caramel coffee biscotti. The second one wasn't so good, but the blueberry cheesecake one was amazing. We were supposed to play beanbags with Angela and Daniel, but Daniel wasn't home, so we waited outside a while and then came home to the Yancers.

Now we're watching a movie, "A Good Year," which I've seen half of. We're still in the half I've seen. I'm feeling that I should be in bed, however; I haven't been sleeping well in the new apartment, probably because it's a new bed and new place and all. I work at Advancement tomorrow, but only until noon.

The jobs are going well by the way. At first I wasn't so sure about them; they're picking up though. Yesterday I was in charge of a project for planned giving that I felt I really took a hold of well and went beyond what I was asked to do. I created a plan for several waves of mailings to go out in several sections, and made a spreadsheet and got the first batch all ready to go, including using our new database to look up each prospect's information, creating the letters, printing the envelopes and stuffing everything... it felt good. For Marketing Communications, I'm working on the Campus Conversations newsletter. We'll produce three issues this summer, and I'm pretty much in charge of it start to finish. I've been researching various articles ideas, and began writing today. My deadline's not for another week, so I'm hoping not to feel like the project will kill me before I can meet the deadline.

And that's the update. Tomorrow I have a half day at Advancement, and then I leave precisely at noon in order to make it to Food Net by 12:15. It's good it's Friday, 'cause I'm pretty well out of food. I may have to figure out a way to make it to more than one Food Net a week.

Tomorrow night we're having dinner all together at the Yancer Estate, possibly with a house concert in the backyard by No One Conquered, Wyoming. Sabbath morning we'll probably visit the Farmer's Market before church, and then we're having potluck at Pastor Keith and Kari's house, as they're leaving to take a church in California soon. Good fun will be had by all!

2 comments:

Emily said...

"A"- i'm really sad that keith and kari are leaving.

"B"- i'm really happy that you're happy!

Anonymous said...

what? Pastor Keith and Kari are leaving?? and I second the comments above. :)