New
On my list of things to do in my life, along with learning a foreign language, living in another country, doing a triathlon, learning to dance, and being a groupie, is "get a crazily short haircut."
I'm almost there.
When I say "crazily short" I mean that I don't want to have to use a towel to dry my hair. I'm talking an inch or so long. I want to be able to spike it. Like whoa.
So I'm moving there gradually. I got my hair cut today, and the back is only a half an inch or an inch long. The top is longer. I have cool schweepy bangs--yup, "schweepy." I've been waiting a while to do it, and planning to get it cut right after graduation, so that if it was awful, there would be fewer people around to point and laugh.
I like it. It took most of the afternoon to really love it--I think I had to touch it enough, or let it "calm down" from the stylist's four cutting instruments, two heat tools, and four styling products, or something. At first I did a double-take every time I walked by something reflective.
Now I think it's already "me," and I totally love it. While she was cutting my hair, Angel (my new hair lady forever), who knew I want to go really short eventually, said that I wouldn't last the summer before I'd be back ready to chop it all off. Half way through the cut, I already knew. I need a little time with it at this length, but I'm pretty sure she's right--it won't be long, folks.
My friends all like it (although I think Ben's a little freaked out, because he keeps saying I look just like some girl who used to go to Union, although he can't remember her name, or when she was here). And when I walked into the dorm tonight, this cool, punk-ish, skater sort of girl said to me, "I love your hair--it's freakin' amazing!" I liked that.
And this morning when I woke up, I realized that having hair that looks good when you first roll out of bed in the morning is a definite perk. That's never happened to me before.
(Thanks for the photos, Em! I love 'em! And you got them to me quickly. :) Thanks.
And Ang--the peace fingers are for you. :D )
And Ang--the peace fingers are for you. :D )



9 comments:
i most definitely love it. never knew you were one to cut your hair that short. i have always wanted to bu can't b/c of many people. I can't wait to see it spiked. it will be really hott.
goodbye...
on second thought... i'll miss the long girly hair.
now it's goodbye..
I love it. I'm so jealous I want to go get mine cut right now. It's a yearning in my bones. It is nice to be able to get out of the shower, put some product, whatever, it doesn't matter, in the hair, and go. Oh, I miss the days...
You look awesome.
HOLY-FRAKING-MOLY!!!!
YOU LOOK AMAZING AND CUTE. I LIKED IT RIGHT AWAY! IT LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE YOU. I~M PROUD OF YOU FOR HAVING THE COJONES TO DO IT. YOU~RE FABULOUS DARLING.
AWESOME, I love it and more importantly YOU LOVE IT!
i love it katie! it has to feel amazing....it definitely looks great!
i was actually thinking that both pictures look VERY korean-like. maybe that can be the other country you live in someday. ^o^ the pictures look fabulous. you look amazing every day.
pretty sweet Kates. You look like a cross between Leigh Nash and an asian cartoon. All you need is to dye it blue and have it sticking out in various angles!
(Katie has cojones.... sorry that just made me laugh....)
definitely takes getting used to, though. what do the folks say?
haha, peter, i dunno what my folks think, but my sister said that it'll take some getting used to. now that i style it myself (the pics are of when the stylist did it), it looks more "me" i think. it's more stick-out-y. i love it.
Post a Comment