Graduation Woes
I graduate from college in 27 days.
I do not have a job. I don't even really have any promising or significant prospects. I don't like freaking out, so I'm trying not to. But there is a logical, responsible side to my brain--which I'm doing my darndest to ignore--that is really going "Hey! What do you think you're doing, dummy?"
And then there's this stable, peaceful voice inside me (which, oddly enough, seems to come from my emotional center) that says, "You'll be okay. You have nearly a month. You will not starve, you will not be evicted, and you will not have to move back home. You will be okay, just as you always have been okay so far."
In one month, I need to have secured for myself a job. Any job. And my final thought on this topic is precisely why I'm in this position in the first place...
"I'll just worry about that tomorrow."



3 comments:
You know what I'm going to say...I can get a summer job lined up for you in NY, and it IS sunny here in the summer.
Just wanted to remind you of your backup plan ;)
hello, scarlett o'hara.
I have a job for you! I do! And it can start right now if you like, and then you can add more hours as you have time! I just need a couple hours' break from Sophia one afternoon a week - you can take her to the park or something. Let's talk. :)
Post a Comment