Monday, July 02, 2007

Who'd Have Thought?

I like X-Men now. The movie. Not necessarily the comic book. On Saturday night, Ben, Emily, and I were looking for a movie to watch. Ben suggested that we watch X-Men with Justin. At first we whole-heartedly refused. Ben stated his case for X-Men not being a boy movie. I'm not sure we quite believed him. I finally did, but Emily was adamantly against it. Fortunately for both of us, she was outnumbered. We watched it.

And Emily and I both really like it! It was so good that we watched X-Men 2 last night, and we're scheduled to watch the third one tonight. I think they're my new favorite super-hero-ish movies. I liked Spider-Man also, but Batman I'm not so keen on, I will never be caught watching some weird Transformers movie, and I haven't seen Superman (but it doesn't look very good).

X-Men. Good movies. You should see them.

6 comments:

mrscamacho said...

Love the X-Men. Leslie and I took anyone who wanted to go to see X-Men 2 the afternoon before we got married. lol.

I love superhero stories because they speak to that part of us that we know is True - we're meant for so much more in this world!

You might really like The Incredible Hulk.

And did you not like the old Batman movies? Because you might really really like Batman Begins.

Em said...

I can't wait to hear Katie's response, Laura, because directly before our X-Men 1 showing, Justin was showing a bit of Batman Begins to both Ben and Katie. Katie and I have both already seen it but Ben has not. We discussed how Katie very much did not like it while I loved it (it may even be my favorite Batman movie!). This left Justin with the conclusion that one of us would love X-Men and the other would not. As you already heard, that was not the outcome! (We both enjoyed X-Men!)

Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Em said...

By the way, Katie, you made it sound like I was adamantly against EVER seeing X-Men! You forgot to mention that Ben had me thinking we would be watching "In the Land of Women" and the mood for one movie versus the other is quite different! Also, I think everyone needs to know how easy it is to persuade you for future notice. It's abnormal.

Love you!

Katie said...

I've never seen old Batman movies. Just Batman Begins. Probably not the best indoctrination, but the bits I've caught on TV I just haven't cared much for either. But I do like superhero stories that have an element of reality--I like both X-men and Spiderman because they're about people who seem very realistic (aside from the super-human powers, of course).

And Em, I'm not that easily persuaded, but I am persuaded by good reasoning and logic. Okay, well, maybe I'm easily persuaded when it comes to little things that I don't really care about (such as which movie to see), but Ben really did convince me that I'd like X-men, and I did.

Kim said...

I love X-Men! I have ever since high school when we'd skip work and watch the cartoon's after school ;)
I greatly dislike spiderman, I think the whole thing is lame, maybe it's just the actors that they have in the movies, Toby McGuire & Kristen Dunst, I think they are two of the worst actors out their right now, they annoy me.