The Acquisition
Meet my new friend and roommate. I expect that the two of us have many miles of good times in our future. For those of you who are observant, this picture is different than the one I posted before. That's because I got a whole year newer model bike for the same price. And a free helmet. Can't beat that with a stick, can ya?
I'm taking suggestions for names for my new friend. It needs to be something sporty, and I'm pretty sure she's a she. You can't exactly call a woman's-specific designed bike "Butch" or "Gerald," now can you? Although these things tend to have personalities all their own, and only 3 or so miles isn't enough time to tell whether she is really a he.
The great people at Spoke's Bike Shop were gracious enough to pack my new bike up for me for free. They were super-nice (even offered me a summer job!) and are going to ship it out on Tuesday. So hopefully by this time next week, I'll have a bike in Lincoln!
Yeehaw!




7 comments:
Hey Katie!
I'm one of those anonymous "lurkers" you mentioned a while ago. Sorry I haven't comments until now. How's everything at Union? Nice bike . . . and great sport! I only wish I had more time to train. They just started a tri club here at Andrews, but I've been too busy to join yet. Anyway, have a wonderful break and Sabbath!
Byron! You're the Berrien Springs person! You've frustrated me to no end! :) J/k
Great to hear from you! I was just up at Union Springs the other day with Kim and Andrew and we all wondered what had happened to you. Glad to hear you're still alive. I'm loving Union and I hope that Andrews is treating you as good as Lincoln is treating me. Good luck with getting out to do some training now that it's getting nice out! Good to hear from ya.
Katie!
I'm so excited that you have a bike. I have a bike, and I'm always looking for people to ride with. We should totally hit the trails sometime. I love biking, but sometimes I have a hard time making myself do it when I don't have someone to go with.
Hey, do you have a mt. bike or a road bike? i'm a little bummed about not being able to off-road with mine, but I love it so much on-road that I think it's worth it. Give me a couple weeks to break myself in and I'd love to go with you sometime. So far I'm still working on using pedal clips and using gears effectively. I'm really slow, too. :)
:)) Good deal!
I'm sure you'll have much fun spending time with your new friend! Tis a great companion when in need of 'getting out' when a horse is not at your side. ;)
miss ya much,
nikki
Katie,
I have a road bike, and to be perfectly honest, I'm not very proficient with it. I'd still like to ride with you sometime, though. Let me know.
Congrats, Congrats.
Now give my your camp schedule and when you have to go back to school and I will tell you what triathlon you will be available to participate in, for the Finger Lakes Region at least :)
Post a Comment