Tuesday, March 28, 2006

On My Heart

the familiar campy smell of the lodge cleaning agents
two words: DARE BASE!
the lake with the sun on it
my rickety old barn
the walk-in cooler on a hot sweaty day
unfailing love
the smell of burning kerosene-soaked toilet paper rolls

a peeling nose, indicitive of a three-lessons-in-a-row day
cookie dough in the freezer
lady's stubborn face
grugs
sheets runs
jeremy's rockin' out jimbae face
wendy's hotel corners
orange newts after it rains
muddy adventurer boys

kk and gabe dancing like david danced
county market
punxy phil at the library
wendy's "oh no, you didn't just do that, brad/justin/jeremy" face
painting indians
dubois theater

500 miles
ice cream wars
teamwork, vision, extraordinary leadership, and focus

82 Days!

7 comments:

Emily said...

People change and plans get changed and
Everything changes but You
Everybody moves around and
Everything gets pushed around but You
You always stay the same, stay the same

I want to finish last
Last in the world's eyes
No matter what I do
I will be first in your eyes

I am running in this race and
I am pressing onwards towards the finish line
You have promised me a better life
Far beyond this world, far beyond this place and time


this song came on when I was reading your blog. i thought it applied.

this is gonna be a great summer. k?

Katie said...

Em--

How is it that in the midst of all those happy memories that make me smile, only you would know that there's a little part of me in the midst of all the joy that's crying inside over what will never be again?

I know it will. Thanks. :)

Emily said...

maybe because you brought tears to my eyes. i seriously got really sad for a second. i think you need to show it to wendy.
but really, it's gonna be grrrreeeaaaattttt! i just know it.

Katie said...

i was gonna show it to wendy, but then i realized that it will probably make her sad... so if she stumbles upon it, fine, but otherwise, i don't want her to be sad. know what i mean, jelly bean? ;)

it really will be great. i know. and a lot will be the same. but i will miss the things that are different.

Nikki said...

82 days!?!?!? AH!!! oh yes!!u know, i actually have that picture!!! AND I do believe i have a printed copy of it as well.. I had that picture on my desktop for almost 2 months at one time. :D Twas the only pictures i possessed of you at the time.. Thou art lovely in thy picture! (hows my shakespeare??) ;) CAN'T wait!!! SOO EXCITED MAN!!

Nikki said...

yes, i do agree with em as well.

Gina said...

I've been thinking about it a lot lately too! This year is going to be so exciting!!!

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!