The Find
There's never anything good on those library book sale racks. It's a scientific fact. Cheap romance novels abound, cozied up to out-dated biographies and ancient science books. No wonder they only cost a quarter or two. But I always look, regardless of the disappointing nature of these perusals.
And this time, my persistence paid off. Buried on the bottom shelf, I was pleasantly surprised to see a title I recognized.
The Kite Runner, by Khaled Hosseini, copyright 2003.
I read The Kite Runner last year. It's a New York Times bestseller, so I'm not sure why I was surprised to find myself totally absorbed in it. I spent a whole day on the couch with it, pausing only to let the animals out occasionally. I found it to be entertaining, but moreso to be relevant and enlightening.
If you're interested, you can read the New York Times review here.
I couldn't believe my good fortune to get this book for only $.25!



1 comment:
I love that book. Although I found it so haunting the first time through I don't know if I could read it again.
I'm so jealous you found such a hot book at a library sale. I always look, and usually find something to buy but usually after much pawing through and reading dust jackets.
Hope you had a great first day of work!
Post a Comment