Stress Relief
I've been feeling a little stressed this evening. Knowing that I have about 36 hours before I need to be in the airport headed home, but I still have a lot of packing and a shift at work and a party, not to mention two exams, to go before then, is a little nerve-wracking.
A short while ago, I sat back, took a deep breath, and reminded myself that I could choose to not be stressed. I remembered that I only had to take things a few minutes at a time, and to quit panicking and just get the things done that needed to be done as efficiently as possible.
That thought process helped me to be less stressed to some extent. But what really cooled me off was when I walked out my door to go to the bathroom... and saw a bike sitting there.
Mel had left Ellen's bike outside my door, for reasons that I know not. But there it was, a pimped out Trek mountain bike, a feast for my eyes. It took me about 2.4 seconds to decide that riding to the bathroom was definately WAY more fun than walking there.
And less than that to then decide that I should definately ride it to take my trash to the trash room as well. It was such fun that I'm trying to figure out another reason to go down to the other end of the hall.
A serious de-stresser, bike riding is. Mine has been home in Pennsylvania for nearly a week now, and I've missed her. Tonight, just a few seconds on board a bike really changed my outlook. I feel much calmer now and could probably even laugh again, while several minutes ago that would not have been an option.
Hallway bike riding. It should be added to your list of stress-relievers. It's definately on mine, now!



3 comments:
It was a stress reliever just watching you. It made me laugh...you looked kinda funny riding down a hallway.
Hhhmm one of my co-workers is trying to get me to run a stress relief workshop for a local agency's retreat day. Maybe I should agree to it and include hallway bike riding as an option. :)
:)) love ya babes! maybe instead of doing my work i'll go on a hunt for something to make laugh... maybe, maybe not.. working on getting other things together!:))
nikki
Post a Comment