Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Little-Big Sister, Taco

My little sister, Emily, graduated from BMA today. She thinks that I'm not very proud of her, but I am. She's pretty much amazing. She got so many awards, honors, and scholarships that by the time they got through reading them all and finally said her name, she'd gotten to the platform, up the stairs, and stood in the middle of the stage for about a minute. She was the yearbook editor, a four-year senior, the student chaplain, graduated with high honors and a 4.0, got a $34,500 scholarship from CUC, had the president's award, and recieved the Caring Heart Award (which goes to one senior who displays leadership and compassion in everything they do). Like I said, she's pretty much amazing. She sang special music on Saturday night and I had no idea that she sang so beautifully. She helped me remember today what my own high school relationships were like: truly authentic and closer than any others I've had. Her frienships are just as wonderful as mine were. She was beautiful and radient today, and I think that her high school days were as fulfilling and rewarding as they could have been.

Congratulations, Em! I love you and I'm so proud of you. You're turning into a talented and beautiful young woman, and I can't believe how grown up you are. In spite of your worries, you're going to love college and succeed just as much and even more than you did in high school. You will never lose your memories and relationships from BMA; you'll only add to them at Union as God makes your life more and more fun, full, and blessed. Keep longing after Him, and you'll experience Him beyond your wildest dreams. I can't wait to have you out in Lincoln so that I can show you the ropes and help you enjoy Union as much as I am. Love ya, sis.