Blog-Think
I totally think "in blog" these days. All day today I've been trying to brew up some grand blog post that will satisfy my writing cravings for the day and leave you with a laugh, or a bit of joy, or a slightly deeper understanding of yourself or what the world really is deep down in its marrow.
I could tell you about the student I saw sitting on a bench outside today, playing his guitar and singing for change.
I thought of writing about how there is a Christmas tree outside of Campus Ministries, and yet it is almost eighty degrees today and everyone is running around in shorts and tank tops.
Or telling you that raking leaves in Nebraska is futile, regardless of time or methodology, because the wind will always wisk them away from your persistent rake.
I considered writing a blog entitled "Today, I Feel Like God" because I did something nice for someone; while I was doing it, I thought for a while that I'd get away with being a mysterious giver of good things. (No such luck.) I think that sometimes God probably doesn't mind when we're oblivious to the good things He's giving us. It feels good to give anonymously once in a while (but not all the time).
I could tell you that I've been accused lately of being more proper and intellectual and urban than I ever have been before; and that the first time I believed it was today, when merely raking leaves left me with three oozing blisters on my hands.
But none of these things have struck me as entirely blog-worthy. What good does it to me to blog-think all the time, with no material coming to the surface as anything other than ordinary?



4 comments:
I come up with brilliant ideas through out the day. Particularly when I am walking acrossed SU campus (I'm taking intro. to sports psych. this semester...just for the fun of it).
But by the time I make it home at night my grand ideas have slipped away and I am stuck staring at my computer screen, racking my brain, trying to remember my brilliant idea.
look at how "ordinary" is in the word "extraordinary" ;) i think the "extra" just comes in the epiphanies God gives us through the ordinary bits of life we experience every day. and even in your "ordinary" post, some "extraordinary-ness" came through for me. thanks. i'm glad you write. (though how we find the time to blog is beyond me.) --e.e.
i think someone needs to revisit "the magic of ordinary days" or whatever that hallmark, loser movie that you liked better as the book. remember there is honor in the ordinary.
whoa... did someone just insult the best movie of all time?
Post a Comment