Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sadly

A few minutes ago, I made myself a delicious mug of steamy, peach black tea.

I waited until it had cooled down just enough to drink, and then began sipping it as I surfed around online.

Several moments later, I absently looked around for my mug of yummy tea...

only to look inside...

and find it to be all gone.

Sigh.

(In other news, I just used the dreaded "to be" verb in that last sentence. But I can't figure out a way to get rid of it that I still like. "and find it all gone"? "and find I'd drank it all"? "and find it was all gone"? I hate be verbs, but sometimes I just can't figure out a way to kill them.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you drink it all without realizing? Or did it just disappear???

Anonymous said...

It was raptured.

j.tome said...

...and find it gone.
lol i was reading and editing that sentence before you wrote your editing connundrum. it's that book. my life will never be the same. i hope you had a good weekend. one day till we start designing! ;)

Katie said...

Oh my word, you're right.

It still holds the same, um, tension? that I was looking for with the "to be" sentence, but without the yucky. Thanks. :)

phil said...

I love tea. [sigh]

As for where I am, the answer is College Place, WA, i.e. WWC. More later, I have to run to lab.

Anonymous said...

KATIE SO WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR TEA?

Katie said...

i drank it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh... You're so foolish!!! But still, this is a heartbreaking story. ALSO, I hate that I have to do a stupid word verification every dang time I leave you a comment. LET ME JUST TELL YOU that the word I have to verify THIS time is EIGHT LETTERS LONG and that is just rediculous.